7/16/2013

KOKON TO ZAI SS14

I know this post is slightly late in terms of when London Collections: Men happened, however today's post is on one of my favourite shows (which I watched from the comfort of my laptop screen). Renowned for their extravagant show-stopping designs. This is KTZ's (Kokon to Zai) SS14 collection.



Think Arabian Gangster. Fierce metal plated accessories and structured fits. The collection presents a collaboration of eccentric prints, monochrome themes, sporty influences and layering all displayed on loosely fitted kaftans that resemble the attire of a traditional Arabian man. Like artwork on a canvas, the elements all seem to compliment each other. 


As I watched the models walk down the catwalk (from my laptop screen), I envisioned a group of ELITE Arabian mobsters walking through a misty desert scene with a demeanour that cannot be achieved by many. Do you see it?


I was also excited by the richness of colour and print of which works well with the richness of culture presented in the collection. Head of design Koji Maruyama and creative director Marjan Pejoski did an astounding job with their take on the captivating geographical silhouettes of KTZ's latest collection. The garments stand out in every sense of the word and are most definitely not for the faint hearted.

On the more practical side of things. The light weight material and loosely fitted clothing is perfect for the hot (if we're lucky) spring/summer months. 

I see show-stopping printed kaftans and Arabian style outfits becoming a thing of the up and coming Summer (you heard it here first). The style is authentic as you can see from KTZ SS14 but it's achievable. It would be nice to see more men switch up their style a little bit and with the growth of London Collections: Men, I think this is very possible.

What's your take on the KTZ SS14 collection and/or what was your favourite show from LCM. Let me know in the comments box below or tweet me @CharisseeC!


No comments:

Post a Comment